Values through Life-Skills Education and Leadership Training
The Life-Skills Education Program provides youth and their families with the opportunity to develop the knowledge, skills, and attitudes necessary to determine their own future and achieve their dreams. Through the Life-Skills Education Program youth and their families receive Healthy Living Education, Livelihood Training, Enterprise Development Education, and Character Personal Development Training. Youth and their families participating in the Life-Skills Education Program will be linked to the St. Denis Parents Development Association, Send a Piglet Home and Send a Goat Home Programs.
Program Goal: To give students an opportunity to develop the knowledge, attitude and skills necessary to develop a culture of self-determination through life-skills based education.
The objectives of the program are:
1. Youth understand and develop their own capabilities;
2. Youth understand the importance of their environment;
3. Youth understand and develop resources available to them;
4. Youth understand and develop good judgment; and
5. Youth further develop the ability to care for themselves.
Participants: All Hands of Hope, Send a Piglet Home, and Send a Goat Home participants as well as interested Namabaale and St. Denis students.